TOP 5 step-by-step recipes for cooking zucchini like pineapples for the winter
The hostesses who prepare food never cease to amaze with their skills ... They cook incredible dishes from simple ingredients and often mislead guests. Sweet zucchini with pineapple flavor for the winter can be attributed to the same category of amazing desserts. Following one of the recipes, you can turn an ordinary vegetable into a fragrant fruit, moreover, this can be done even by inexperienced cooks.
- 1 Preparation of ingredients
- 2 Zucchini recipe with pineapple juice
- 3 In pineapple syrup
- 4 Cherry plum recipe
- 5 With orange
- 6 Zucchini roll with pineapple essence
- 7 Preservation without sterilization
- 8 Marinated squash with pineapple flavor
- 9 How to store preservation
Preparation of ingredients
This is an important stage in the preparation of any blanks, especially if they are to be stored throughout the winter.
If you take into account the helpful recommendations of experienced housewives, you can avoid many mistakes and get excellent results:
Which zucchini is better to take?
As a rule, the most delicious "pineapples" are obtained from young zucchini with a thin skin. You can also take well-ripened vegetables, only when cooking them may take more time to evaporate excess liquid.
Should I peel vegetables or not?
Even the delicate skin of young fruits must be removed, as well as the inner pulp with seeds, otherwise their presence will reveal the origin of the "exotic". Slices of vegetables should look as close as possible to the "guest from the tropics."
The greatest resemblance to fruits to vegetables is given by the shape of the "ring". You can give it to zucchini using a special cutting device, or you can make a hole with an ordinary glass.
The suitable thickness of the rings is 10 millimeters, the core is squeezed out by the shape. Rings can be cut into pieces or halves.
If there is no shape, you can cut the zucchini lengthwise into 2 parts, and remove the pulp with seeds with a spoon. The "boat" is turned over and cut across into segments that look like half rings of pineapple.
In addition to half rings, cutting into cubes is allowed - their size usually leaves 2-2.5 centimeters.
When is the best time to taste
Naturally, when making such a dessert for the first time or when using a new recipe, the hostess can't wait to try her original creation. But in order for the zucchini to acquire the expected taste and aroma, they need to be infused for at least 3 days, to be saturated with juices of other components and spices. Vanilla sugar can be added to add a sweet and warm flavor to the dessert. And with the help of sea buckthorn, the preparation "squash pineapples" acquires a rich shade and piquant sourness.
Zucchini recipe with pineapple juice
The most common way to make pineapple-style zucchini is to add store-bought pineapple juice. This ingredient gives the desired flavor, so it is very difficult to distinguish a vegetable from a fruit.
For a treat you will need:
- zucchini - 1 kilogram;
- pineapple juice - 350 milliliters;
- sugar - 125 grams;
- citric acid - 2/3 teaspoons;
- vanillin - a pinch.
- zucchini are peeled, they should be cut into rings or pieces;
- syrup is being prepared - all the remaining components are mixed in a container and sent to low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved;
- vegetables should be placed in syrup and boiled for a quarter of an hour after boiling; it is important to stir constantly to avoid sticking.
The finished dessert can be laid out in jars, well filled with syrup, for long storage, and rolled up. The containers are wrapped in a blanket, and after cooling they are placed in a cool place, you can put them in a basement or cellar.
In pineapple syrup
Canned fruit syrup is often unnecessary - after all, usually only tidbits are eaten. But you can leave it and make a pineapple dessert - jam, but from zucchini.
- zucchini - 1.5 kilograms;
- granulated sugar - 1.2 kilograms;
- citric acid - 1/2 teaspoon;
- canned pineapples - a 0.4-0.5 liter jar is enough.
The jam is prepared as follows:
- vegetables are cut into cubes to make 1.5 kilograms of product;
- syrup is prepared: from sugar and 100 milliliters of liquid from pineapples, brought to a boil;
- zucchini should be poured with hot syrup, add citric acid, stir and leave for 60 minutes;
- the liquid from the vegetables must be drained, heated to a hot state and poured over the zucchini again; they insist for another hour;
- canned fruits are cut in the same way as zucchini, they are sent to vegetables and put on the stove until the mass boils;
- the jam must be removed from the stove before it cools;
- the procedure should be repeated several times so that some of the moisture evaporates, and some is absorbed into the squash pulp;
- when the zucchini look like tropical fruits, the mass should be boiled for 20 minutes over low heat and placed in pre-sterilized containers.
Dessert is the same as used sugar - 1.2 kilograms.
Cherry plum recipe
This culture from the plum family is actively used for various kinds of preparations, and if you add cherry plum to the zucchini, you get delicious “pineapples”.
- cherry plum - 500 grams;
- zucchini - 2 kilograms;
- sugar - 350 grams;
- cloves 3-4 pieces.
The cooking process is as follows:
- put on the bottom of a 3-liter jar: cloves, cherry-plum and pieces of vegetables - the products must fill the container up to the "shoulder";
- the ingredients are poured with boiling water and remain in this form for 20 minutes;
- the water must be drained, sugar added to it and sent to the stove - until the grains boil and dissolve;
- the contents of the jar are poured with boiling syrup, and you can immediately roll it up.
For better product storage, it is recommended to cover sealed jars with a towel or a blanket until they cool completely.
"Pineapple" slices can be made from zucchini and oranges and, if all proportions are observed, the dessert is delicious. It will require:
- zucchini - 3.5 kilograms;
- oranges - 2 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 kilograms;
- water - 1 liter;
- citric acid - 4.5 teaspoons.
The cooking algorithm is as follows:
- the peeled vegetable is cut into pieces 3 centimeters thick and 4 centimeters long (approximate dimensions);
- citruses are washed and doused with boiling water;
- oranges are cut into thin half rings, along with the crusts;
- pieces of fruit are laid out on the bottom of prepared jars;
- then zucchini are laid;
- syrup is being prepared - sugar and citric acid are added to lukewarm water, everything is mixed until the grains are dissolved;
- syrup is poured into the jar, the container is sterilized for 15 minutes and closed.
Zucchini roll with pineapple essence
Not all housewives know about such an ingredient as pineapple essence, thanks to which you can give fresh zucchini the taste and aroma of a tropical fruit.
In addition, using it, the pouring can not be boiled, and the pieces of vegetables can be placed in jars after soaking.
The following components must be prepared:
- zucchini (young ones are better) - 3 kilograms;
- sugar - 1 kilogram;
- pineapple essence - 2 packs of 8 grams;
- citric acid - 20 grams;
- water - 2 liters.
- boil water in a saucepan and leave to cool;
- prepare vegetables - peel and cut into large cubes;
- citric acid is poured into the cooled water, and pieces of vegetables are added;
- they should remain in it for 4-5 hours, you can also leave them overnight;
- cubes are removed from acidified water and placed in prepared jars;
- you should prepare a "brine" - dissolve the essence and granulated sugar in acidic water from under the zucchini, stir until the grains dissolve;
- jars of vegetables are filled with the prepared liquid, and the containers with the contents are sterilized.
After the cans can be rolled up, covered with a warm blanket and left to cool - this way they are better stored.
Preservation without sterilization
There are many recipes that you can follow to get canned "pineapple" from zucchini, suitable for winter storage, without sterilizing the jars. One of the methods is very popular with housewives, it will require the following ingredients:
- lemon - 1 piece;
- zucchini - 0.5 kilograms;
- cloves - 3 pieces;
- sugar - 0.5 kilograms;
- water - 2 liters.
- cut vegetables like "pineapple", place in a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil;
- add granulated sugar and boil the mass over low heat for a quarter of an hour;
- when the pieces become amber-transparent, clove buds should be added;
- vegetables are boiled in syrup for another 15 minutes, and freshly squeezed lemon juice is poured into them;
- "Pineapples" should be kept on fire for another 2-3 minutes, and then poured into jars, rolling up without sterilizing.
If you follow the recipe, the zucchini will take on freshness and pineapple flavor.
Marinated squash with pineapple flavor
As it turned out, you can marinate not only snack preparations - cucumbers and other vegetables, but also dessert ones, for example, “pineapple zucchini”. For the dish you will need:
- zucchini - 4 kilograms;
- oranges - 3 pieces;
- water - 1 liter;
- citric acid - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar - 0.5 kilograms.
Dessert is prepared step by step as follows:
- citrus fruits must be doused with boiling water and cut into pieces;
- they should be placed in prepared jars;
- zucchini are peeled, the insides are removed and cut into 2-2.5 cm cubes or small half rings;
- vegetables are stacked with fruits;
- cold filling is being prepared - granulated sugar and citric acid dissolve in water;
- the contents of the cans are filled with syrup, they are covered with metal, boiled lids, and sent for a 15-minute sterilization.
Ready-made cans are hermetically rolled up, turned upside down and wrapped in a warm blanket or blanket - until they cool completely.
How to store preservation
Winter rolls can be stored perfectly if all the rules of preparation and proportions of ingredients are observed. As a rule, they can be placed in cool places - in cellars, basements, closets.
And besides this, the following nuances must be taken into account:
- it is important that direct sunlight does not fall on the jars;
- keep the workpieces away from heat sources - stoves and heating appliances;
- the temperature in the storage should not drop below +5 C, otherwise the taste of the dessert will deteriorate;
- the air temperature for storing preservation in a sealed sealed container should not exceed +20 C, with a humidity of not more than 75%.
The hostess should be wary if bubbles appear and the brine becomes cloudy, which means that the tightness is broken, and the product will most likely not be preserved. In some cases, storage of the workpiece is possible only on the refrigerator shelf. Usually we are talking about recipes without sterilization and when closing cans with nylon lids, although there are exceptions here.
It is necessary to follow the recommendations and pay special attention to the cleanliness and sterility of the dishes and the ingredients themselves.